Hi, my name is Charmaine and I am in need of some therapy. I am a 40 ish year old working mother with 3 boys aged 39 (Mr Cruisey), 1o (Moomoo) and 9 (Monkeyboy) 1 cat, Dame Esmerelda and 1 dog, The Moose.
I don’t bake, I don’t sew, I am in the P & C to make up numbers. I am surrounded by testosterone, farts, skateboards, band aids, scooters, Nerf guns, wrestles, silly giggles, yelling, music, love, love and love.
The reason I want to do a blog is:
1) cheaper than psychologist fees and
2) everyday I have these moments (sometimes very often) and I think ‘It’s not just me Right?’ It’s not just me that:
- Is flustered most mornings before 9am as I have had the dreaded ‘Get ready for School’ horrors.
- Deals with what appears to be capable human beings only to find out fairly quickly that this is not the case
- Sees or reads an article and thinks ‘Really?’ and knowing that if the kids get a hold of it, there’s going to be a whole new world of explaining to be had (aka lies lies lies)
- Is surrounded by noisy chaos
- Worries about their weight, health, mentality – oh when will it stop
- Wants to be the favourite parent that always says ‘Yes’
- Does not want to turn into their Mother (I love you Dawn, I am not and shall not, ever be you)
- Needs more sleep, exercise, food, sex, love, money, security……. And the list goes on…..
- Loses their shit – frequently!
- Becomes a hormonal raging beast
- Loves spending time with their family and friends
- Is honest, scared, afraid, happy, sad………And the list goes on…….
- Thinks sarcasm is a useful tool not to be wasted
- Sometimes wants to grab life ears and kick it in the nuts and other times explode with joy
- Is a Mother, Lover, Sister, Daughter, Aunty
Please enjoy, comment, laugh, cry – do whatever bloggy thing you want to do because the more I hear from you, the more I realise, It’s Not Just Me Right?