I did this post 3 years ago. Now the child is a teen….sad guess what….they’re back!
So how was your day? Anyone got cooties at your house? Yeah well, probably had a better day than me! I just googled the myths about nits – here they are:
- Lice can jump.
- You are more likely to get head lice if your hair is dirty, you have bad personal hygiene habits or if your home is untidy.
- An itchy head means your child most likely has head lice.
- Head lice prefer long hair.
- You can get head lice from pets (and vice versa).
- Head lice carry and transmit diseases.
- To kill the lice, you must stuff all your child’s belongings in plastic bags, and put them in a freezer or leave them in the bags for several weeks.
- Kids are most likely to get head lice in school.
- Head lice are extremely contagious and children who are diagnosed with head lice should be isolated until all the nits are gone
- Natural alternative treatments for head lice are always safe and effective for kids.
All myths hey – yeah well, we know that but guess what – it’s bloody nits! Of course I was thinking that the boys are dirty little buggers – eewww – cooties!
Did the phone call to the school, emailed the teachers and now I know there will be a note coming home tomorrow and my kid will be the cause of it –
dirty little buggers!
Lucky for us, it’s only been the second round that we’ve had here. This is how my house looked today:
And it’ll be the same in about 7 days time…. Ah the joys of cooties….
Been there, done that??
What’s your best solution????