You registered on WordPress.com 1 years ago!
Thanks for flying with us. Keep up the good blogging!
Found this today – I was 2 days out – I thought it was a year on the 31st – but hey you saw it right here folks – IT’S BEEN 1 WHOLE YEAR!!!!!!
1 whole year of whingeing, nagging, annoying, funny, raving, ranting posting
Here’s what I said 1 whole year ago about blogging:
I am a 41 year old working mother with 3 boys aged 40 (Mr Cruisey), 11 (Moomoo) and 9 (Monkeyboy), 1 cat, (Dame Esmerelda) and 1 dog, (The Moose).
I don’t bake, I don’t sew, I am in the P & C to make up numbers. I am surrounded by testosterone, farts, skateboards, band aids, scooters, Nerf guns, wrestles, silly giggles, yelling, music, love, love and love.
The reason I want to do a blog is:
1) cheaper than psychologist fees and
2) everyday I have these moments (sometimes very often) and I think ‘It’s not just me Right?’ It’s not just me that:
- Is flustered most mornings before 9am as I have had the dreaded ‘Get ready for School’ horrors.
- Deals with what appears to be capable human beings only to find out fairly quickly that this is not the case
- Sees or reads an article and thinks ‘Really?’ and knowing that if the kids get a hold of it, there’s going to be a whole new world of explaining to be had (aka lies lies lies)
- Is surrounded by noisy chaos
- Worries about their weight, health, mentality – oh when will it stop
- Wants to be the favourite parent that always says ‘Yes’
- Does not want to turn into their Mother (I love you Dawn, I am not and shall not, ever be you)
- Needs more sleep, exercise, food, sex, love, money, security……. And the list goes on…..
- Loses their shit – frequently!
- Becomes a hormonal raging beast
- Loves spending time with their family and friends
- Is honest, scared, afraid, happy, sad………And the list goes on…….
- Thinks sarcasm is a useful tool not to be wasted
- Sometimes wants to grab life ears and kick it in the nuts and other times explode with joy
- Is a Mother, Lover, Sister, Daughter, Aunty
Please enjoy, comment, laugh, cry – do whatever bloggy thing you want to do because the more I hear from you, the more I realise, It’s Not Just Me Right?
(See what I mean!!)
So, what’s changed in a year? Not a lot folks, not a lot. Everything on the above list is pretty much the same – but I still wouldn’t have it any other way!
I have picked up a few more followers – whom I hold dearly and am ever so grateful that you think I have a clue and like reading my stuff.
I went through a stage of losing my mojo – but it’s back and I am loving it again.
I checked my stats a little more regularly – does that mean I am a bit up myself or just hoping that more people than Dawn are actually reading this.
The boys are still driving me bloody crazy and supplying me with so much material – ditto for media.
I am understanding the blogging world a bit more – ok not really but I read a lot more blogs (and sometimes feel quite inadequate) and follow a lot more blogs.
Happy Anniversary It’s Not Just Me Right – you’re my little treasure!!!
And a big Fat THANK YOU to EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!!
And for the next year, well just hang around and see where this little journey goes xxxxxxxx
Dame Esmerelda and The Moose – guess who won….