Latest Family Photo…..why are they so hard to get…….2017…Still Pending
December 2016….STILL SO HARD TO GET A BLOODY PHOTO!!!
April 2016…..Not that bad……..
Baby Carlos…..not ours…..
I am a
40 41 42 43 44 40 something…. year old working mother with 3 boys aged 39 40 41 42 43 40 something (Mr Cruisey), 10 11 12 13 14 Teen 1 (Moomoo) and 8 9 10 12Teen 2 (Monkeyboy), 1 cat, (Dame Esmerelda) and 1 dog, (The Moose) (Benson)…..
I don’t bake, I
don’t kinda sew , I am in the P & C to make up numbers, I work in Hospitality as a Front of House Manager and I am surrounded by testosterone, farts, skateboards, band aids hospital visits, broken bones, scooters, Nerf guns, wrestles, silly giggles, yelling, music, family, friends, love, love and love.
The reason I want to do a blog is:
1) cheaper than psychologist fees and
2) everyday I have these moments (sometimes very often) and I think ‘It’s Not Just Me Right?’ It’s not just me that:
- Is flustered most mornings
before 9am as I have had the dreaded ‘Get ready for School’ horrors.Now I’m just flustered trying to get myselft sorted. I have no idea what the boys do until I get a call saying they were late….that’s always never awesome! But also, I am now flustered the night before school asking the boys about homework and notes and lunch and all that as we leave it until the last last last possible moment…..
- Deals with what appears to be capable human beings only to find out fairly quickly that this is not the case
- Sees or reads an article and thinks ‘Really?’ and knowing that if the kids get a hold of it, there’s going to be a whole
new world of explaining to be had (aka lies lies lies)new and interesting conversation which can go south quite quickly but at least we can chat about things…….only when they are in the mood….
- Is surrounded by noisy chaos
- Worries about their weight, health, mentality – oh when will it stop
- Wants to be the favourite parent that always says ‘Yes’
- Does not want to turn into their Mother (I love you Dawn, I am not and shall not, ever be you)
- Needs more sleep, exercise, food, sex, love, money, security……. And the list goes on…..
- Loses their shit – frequently!
- Becomes a hormonal raging beast
- Loves spending time with their family and friends
- Is honest, scared, afraid, happy, sad………And the list goes on…….
- Thinks sarcasm is a useful tool not to be wasted
- Sometimes wants to grab life by the ears and kick it in the nuts and other times explodes with joy
- Is going crazy dealing with
a pre teen …….. 2 pre teens….TEENS!!!
- Is a Mother, Lover, Sister, Daughter, Aunty
- AND AM POSSIBLY IN PERI MENOPAUSE MODE……….AWESOME!!!!
Please enjoy, comment, laugh, cry – do whatever bloggy thing you want to do because the more I hear from you, the more I realise, It’s Not Just Me Right?